Louth Road, Grimsby, DN33 2EH - Minister Revd Susan Chambers - Tel 01472 696113
This Weeks Notices
Martha had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. Luke 10: 39
8.15am Brief Act of Worship, led by Mr Andrew Hornsby
10.00am Great Grimsby 10K Run Water Station
All Groups have now finished for the Summer
MON 22ND 10.45am Ladies meet for Coffee – St. Andrew's Hospice Coffee Shop
SAT 27TH 10.00 – 11.30am Coffee Morning
SUNDAY 28TH JULY 2019
Stewards for this Sunday will be Ray and Val
10.30am Morning Service, led by Rev Joy Osborne
6.00pm Evening Service, led by Mr Christopher Norman
CHAT & CRAFT
We are taking a Summer Break and so Chat and Craft will not be meeting
on the 25th July and all of August.See you in September!
10K RUN BBQ
Following the run when we have tidied up, we will be having a BBQ. Ray has agreed to do the meat and April will sort the drinks out. Please if you are able, we would like people to bring the accompaniments (i.e. salad etc) and any puddings. We will all muck in to set the table. We are grateful that David Lamle is going to hold the key to the locked church during the 10K run. If you would like any belongings storing securely during that time, please see David.
We have been rather slack on security lately – the oak doors weren't bolted top and bottom, and the inner church door was found unlocked. Please, everyone, be extra vigilant to check that everywhere is secure, especially when you leave the premises. Thank you, Heather.
I’d wish to make you aware that we have a book group at church to which everyone is very welcome. We meet roughly every 5 or 6 weeks on a Friday evening in different homes and are very relaxed and easy going. The books we choose are not highbrow or intellectual and we try to have a good variety. Our next meeting is on Friday 26th July, the venue is to be confirmed. The book we will be discussing is 'The House Across the Street' by Lesley Pearce (there is another book with the same title so make sure you read the one by Lesley Pearce). In September, we are going to discuss 'Spectacles', A Memoir by Sue Perkins. The date and venue for the September meeting are yet to be confirmed. If you would like to come to any of these, please speak to me, Kate Melling, and I will let you know date/venue.
Please don't feel you will be out of your depth, we are the most laid back, easy going book group ever and try not to choose anything too intellectual!
Please put the date for this year’s Church Weekend in your diary. It will be held on the 7th and 8th September, with activities at Brian and Jacqueline’s house during the day and into the evening on the Saturday and the Sunday morning service at church on the Sunday.
We are very pleased that Jane Bingham, the Learning and Development Co-ordinator for church and community in our region is coming to lead us. Booking forms will be out in the next few weeks, so please look out for them. If you have any questions, please ask one of the Leadership team.
Here are the weeks that I will be doing the Church Notices during the summer – 28th July, 11th August & 25th August. There will not be a Church Notice Sheet on the 1st September as it is a Circuit Service at Side Door. Thanks Jo.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
• If you are new to our church, please make yourself known to the door stewards or fill in one of the cards at the back of church.
• All our song words are projected but copies of the books are available on the racks under the chairs. If you need large print copies, these are available at the back of church.
• Children are very welcome to stay in the service or to make use of our crèche (for babies and toddlers) or Sunday club (for school aged children). They will be taken through to the hall after approximately 15 minutes of the service. Please speak to a door steward for more details.
• Our morning services are usually recorded. If you wish to listen to a previous service, please ask at the sound desk at the back of the church.
• There are copies of previous notice sheets available at the back of church.
• If at any time you have any questions about what you have seen, heard or experienced during a service, any general questions about church life or if you wish someone to pray with you, or for you, please make yourself known to one of the stewards or door stewards who will guide you to the right person. Alternatively, following the service, please make your way to the front row where someone from our prayer team will come and talk to you.
(c) Scartho Methodist Church 2014 - Web Design by http://www.designmadesimple.info/