Louth Road, Grimsby, DN33 2EH - Minister Revd Susan Chambers - Tel 01472 696113
This Weeks Notices
God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 1: 9
9.00am Service of Holy Communion, led by Rev Susan Chambers
10.30am Morning Service, led by Mr Brian Evans
Tea and coffee will be served in the Small Hall after the Morning Service, so please stay and join us - all welcome.
'WHAT’S ON NEXT WEEK'
SUN 19TH 7.30pm House Group – Contact Inga Greet
MON 20TH 10.45am Funeral Service for Brenda Roe
10.45am Ladies meet for Coffee – St. Andrew’s Hospice Coffee Shop
2.00pm House Group at Church – Contact Elizabeth Norman
8.00pm House Group – Contact Kate Melling
TUES 21ST 10.00am House Group at Church – Contact Lester Kitching
7.30pm House Group – Contact John Boardman
WED 22ND 10.00am House Group at Church – Contact Patrick Mickleburgh
7.45pm Wives Group – Laura McPhee – Memorial Fund (Asthma) Charity
THUR 23RD 10.00am House Group – Contact Stuart Wattts
2.00pm Chat & Craft
7.15pm Evangelism & Service Meeting
FRI 24TH 9.30am Toddler Group
SAT 25TH 10.00 – 11.30am Coffee Morning
SUNDAY 26TH JANUARY 2020
Stewards for this Sunday will be Glyn and Myra
10.30am Morning Service, led by Miss Joy Walker
6.00pm Evening Service with Holy Communion, led by Rev Susan Chambers
The Funeral of Brenda Roe, Cathy Twomey's mum, will be held here at Scartho Methodist Church on Monday 20th January, at 10.45am. Brenda was member of this church.
EVANGELISM & SERVICE MEETING
The next Evangelism & Service meeting will beon Thursday 23rd January, at 7.15pm.
HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE
A Memorial Service for the 75th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz Death Camp will be held at Waltham Methodist Church on Sunday 26th January, at 10.30am.Liz Hudson will lead this service and speak about the ten-day seminar that she attended at Yad Vashem (The Holocaust Memorial Centre in Jerusalem) this past Autumn. During this service the past will be remembered, there will be a recommitment to justice and peace in the present and prayers of hope and faith in the future will be offered. Please come and join in this service that is held during a time in our history when it is so important that we do not forget what hatred, name-calling and thinking of our neighbours as 'other' can do when it is allowed to escalate. Please contact Liz Hudson email: firstname.lastname@example.org, if you wish to attend so that she knows how many are coming.
CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING
There will be a meeting of the Church Council here at Scartho,on Thursday 13th February at 7.30pm. All people who attend church are welcome to attend but only Church Council members can vote.
FUTURE DATES & EVENTS
1. AGM – Sunday 3rd May.
2. Church Weekend Away – 3rd – 5th July at The Briars, Crich, Derbyshire.
3. Membership Classes – Thursday evenings towards the end of March and early April.
4. Scartho in Bloom – date to be announced.
5. Scartho Scarecrow Festival – date to be announced
The Health Tree Foundation Charity at the Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, wish to thank all those who came to sing Carols at Christmas. The Christmas Carols raised £112.58 for the Rainforest Ward Bed Appeal. The donations will go directly to help make a difference to the patients.
NOTICE OF A VACANT BUNGALOW
The Flottergate Benevolent Homes comprise of 9 Bungalow Type Dwellings in Haycroft Street, Grimsby, which were erected to provide accommodation for people over the age of 60 years. A Vacancy has arisen for a Bungalow, Residents are selected based on need.
Interested people are asked to apply using an Application Form. Please contact Mrs. M. Moore (Tel: 07436 017372) at Flottergate Methodist Benevolent Homes, Haven Methodist Church, for further information about the homes and to get an application form. The Closing Date for Applications is Friday 21st February 2020.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
• If you are new to our church, please make yourself known to the door stewards or fill in one of the cards at the back of church.
• All our song words are projected but copies of the books are available on the racks under the chairs. If you need large print copies, these are available at the back of church.
• Children are very welcome to stay in the service or to make use of our crèche (for babies and toddlers) or Sunday club (for school aged children). They will be taken through to the hall after approximately 15 minutes of the service. Please speak to a door steward for more details.
• Our morning services are usually recorded. If you wish to listen to a previous service, please ask at the sound desk at the back of the church.
• There are copies of previous notice sheets available at the back of church.
• If at any time you have any questions about what you have seen, heard or experienced during a service, any general questions about church life or if you wish someone to pray with you, or for you, please make yourself known to one of the stewards or door stewards who will guide you to the right person. Alternatively, following the service, please make your way to the front row where someone from our prayer team will come and talk to you.
(c) Scartho Methodist Church 2014 - Web Design by http://www.designmadesimple.info/