Louth Road, Grimsby, DN33 2EH - Minister Revd Susan Chambers - Tel 01472 696113
This Weeks Notices
Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. Matthew 4:1
10.30am Morning Service, led by Mr Stuart Watts
There will be a Retiring Collection for our Community Fund
Tea and coffee will be served in the Small Hall after the Morning Service, so please stay and join us - all welcome.
SUN 1ST 7.30pm House Group – Contact Inga Greet
MON 2ND 2.00pm House Group at Church – Contact Elizabeth Norman (878492)
7.30pm Men's Fellowship – Carl Peet
8.00pm House Group – Contact Kate Melling (07908938994)
TUES 3RD 10.00am House Group at Church – Contact Lester Kitching (870508)
7.30pm House Group – Contact John Boardman (822180)
WED 4TH 10.00am House Group at Church – Contact Patrick Mickleburgh (870769)
7.45pm Wives Group – Colin Atkin – Stained Glass
THUR 5TH 10.00am House Group – Contact Stuart Watts (236538)
2.00pm Chat & Craft
FRI 6TH 9.30am Toddler Group
7.00pm World Day Of Prayer
SAT 7TH 9.00 – 10.00am Saturday Morning Prayer Meeting
10.00 – 11.30am Coffee Morning
3 – 5pm Games Afternoon
SUNDAY 8TH MARCH 2020
Stewards for this Sunday will be Glyn and Lester
10.30am Morning Service, led by Mrs Kathy Hart
6.00pm Evening Service, led by Mrs Elizabeth Norman
SCARTHO CHURCHES TOGETHER – WORLD DAY OF PRAYER
There will be a World Day of Prayer at Scartho Methodist Church on Friday 6th March, at 7pm. This is a Day of Prayer which encircles the globe, starting as the sun rises in Samoa and ending 36 hours later back in the Pacific as the sun sets over American Samoa. We will be joining with people in over 120 countries and islands around the world. This year the service has been prepared for us by the women of Zimbabwe who call us to 'Rise! Take your mat and walk' All are Welcome. Refreshments will be served after the service.
We will be holding a Family Games Afternoon on Saturday 7th March, from 3 – 5pm, with
Hot Dogs Afterwards. Invite your Family, Friends and Community for Fun and Fellowship.
A funeral service for Marsha Bowser, Russell Giles' sister, will be held at Grimsby Crematorium on Monday 9th March, at 1.30pm. It will be followed by a Thanksgiving Service at Scartho Methodist Church, at 2.15pm. Donations in memory of Marsha will be to Macmillan.
Are you considering becoming a Member of the Methodist Church at Scartho? Would you like to know more about what it means? If the answer is 'yes' to either of these questions you are invited to come along to a series of sessions for those who would like to explore
the subject further. They will be held on Thursdays 12th, 19th and 26th March and the 2nd April, at 7.30pm. You will be very welcome.
If you want to know more in the meantime, please contact
Rev Susan Chambers or any member of the Leadership Team.
The next meeting for the 'Talk Together' project will be at Scartho Methodist Church on Friday 13th March, at 7pm. Please come and share any thoughts you may have about what we can do next. See you there!
PREPARATION FOR OUR AGM
Our AGM (3rd May at 12.15pm, followed by a Faith Meal), will soon be upon us. At this meeting we will appoint members of our Leadership Team and Representatives from the Church Membership to the Church Council. Please prayerfully consider if you should apply for either of these roles. Application forms will be out soon (from Heather) and will need to be in by the end of March. Thank you.
CARE – ANNUAL DONATION OF FOOD IN MARCH
As you may be aware CARE have stopped their own Food Bank, but they are still collecting food and passing it on to another Food Bank. Therefore, we will still have our annual collection and the table will be out from March. I have spoken to the Food Bank who provide food for between 400 and 600 adults and children each week including many who have no fixed abode. They are desperately short of tinned food namely Baked Beans, Spaghetti and Soup. Please therefore concentrate your donations on these three items. Giving just one of each of those tins to every person that means they need at least 1200 tins per week.
Please note that the object of the Food Bank is to supplement what food is already available to individuals, or to be a stop gap facility when social payments are delayed, or they are on temporary stop. Thank you, Derek.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
• If you are new to our church, please make yourself known to the door stewards or fill in one of the cards at the back of church.
• All our song words are projected but copies of the books are available on the racks under the chairs. If you need large print copies, these are available at the back of church.
• Children are very welcome to stay in the service or to make use of our crèche (for babies and toddlers) or Sunday club (for school aged children). They will be taken through to the hall after approximately 15 minutes of the service. Please speak to a door steward for more details.
• Our morning services are usually recorded. If you wish to listen to a previous service, please ask at the sound desk at the back of the church.
• There are copies of previous notice sheets available at the back of church.
• If at any time you have any questions about what you have seen, heard or experienced during a service, any general questions about church life or if you wish someone to pray with you, or for you, please make yourself known to one of the stewards or door stewards who will guide you to the right person. Alternatively, following the service, please make your way to the front row where someone from our prayer team will come and talk to you.
(c) Scartho Methodist Church 2014 - Web Design by http://www.designmadesimple.info/