Louth Road, Grimsby, DN33 2EH - Minister Revd Susan Chambers - Tel 01472 696113
This Weeks Notices
'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' Luke 15: 6
9.00am Service of Holy Communion,led by Rev Susan Chambers
10.30am Morning Service, led by Mr Stuart Watts
Tea and coffee will be served in the Small Hall after the Morning Service, so please stay and join us - all welcome.
MON 16TH 10.45am Ladies meet for Coffee – St. Andrew’s Hospice Coffee Shop
WED 18TH 7.45pm Wives Group – Barry Last – Hedgehog Care
(Donations of dog/cat food or kitchen roll would be appreciated)
THUR 19TH 2.00 – 3.30pm Chat & Craft
FRI 20TH 9.30am Toddler Group
SAT 21ST 9.00 – 10.00am Saturday Morning Prayer Meeting
10.00 – 11.30am Coffee Morning
7.00pm The Smugglers
SUNDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER 2019
Stewards for this Sunday will be Glyn and Sandra
10.30am Harvest Festival All Age Worship, led by The All Age Worship Team
6.00pm Evening Service here at Scartho, led by Mr Lester Kitching
Could you pop in for an hour to help us to sort through all our donated bags. at Centre 4 Wooton Road on Friday 20th September, between 9.30am & 4pm. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
A very big 'Thank You' to Brian and Jacqueline for hosting us at our recent weekend, and to Val and Ray too for assisting them with food and drinks, and to those who provided and erected the marquee. Many of you will know that Jane Bingham was unfortunately ill and unable to attend, but I’m sure you will all agree that it was wonderful the way everyone pulled together and still made it an enjoyable weekend. Many thanks to all!
We have been thinking about the next weekend! We would really like to find accommodation so that we could all go away for a couple of days but are stuck to find anywhere that is reasonably priced and which has a meeting room, lounge for coffee times, and facilities for feeding us! Please can anyone think of anywhere suitable that isn’t too far away?
We would very much like your suggestions. Please let one of the Leadership team know if you can think of anywhere. Many Thanks.
As part of our Harvest Festival celebrations, folk band The Smugglers will be playing at our church on Saturday 21st September, at 7pm. Tickets will be available soon – adults are £5 and children free. All profits will go to 'All We Can' which is the Methodist Church fund for development projects oversees. Please book the date! It is always a good evening.
Rev Susan Chambers will be taking a Harvest Service at Brooklands Care Home (Springfield Road) on Friday 27th September at 2pm. Please come and share in this celebration. Everyone is Welcome.
WOMEN’S DAY OF WORSHIP AND PRAISE
Ladies – you are invited to a Day of Worship and Praise at Side Door Church on Saturday 28th September, from 9.30am – 4pm. Cost is £7 which includes Lunch, Refreshments and Workshops. Speaker – Mr Alan Mann, Author of 'A Permanent Becoming.'
The Theme of the Workshops is 'The Fruit of the Spirit.'
To book or for further information please contact Nikki Coles
on 01472 883713 or e-mail email@example.com.
All our Sisters in Christ are Welcome to this time of Worship and Workshop.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
• If you are new to our church, please make yourself known to the door stewards or fill in one of the cards at the back of church.
• All our song words are projected but copies of the books are available on the racks under the chairs. If you need large print copies, these are available at the back of church.
• Children are very welcome to stay in the service or to make use of our crèche (for babies and toddlers) or Sunday club (for school aged children). They will be taken through to the hall after approximately 15 minutes of the service. Please speak to a door steward for more details.
• Our morning services are usually recorded. If you wish to listen to a previous service, please ask at the sound desk at the back of the church.
• There are copies of previous notice sheets available at the back of church.
• If at any time you have any questions about what you have seen, heard or experienced during a service, any general questions about church life or if you wish someone to pray with you, or for you, please make yourself known to one of the stewards or door stewards who will guide you to the right person. Alternatively, following the service, please make your way to the front row where someone from our prayer team will come and talk to you.
(c) Scartho Methodist Church 2014 - Web Design by http://www.designmadesimple.info/